Below you will find information regarding important topics for the village of Elm Creek, Nebraska.

Please CLICK HERE to view the full Village of Elm Creek Cemetery Rules and Regulations.

Please CLICK HERE to explore the cemetery, find gravesites of loved ones, and view available plots.

Residents can drop off tree branches, small limbs, grass clippings, and leaves free for your use and are located on the southwest side of town on Buffalo Trail.  Please do not abuse the use of the piles by putting trash, lumber, or pressure-treated wood on the piles.

Business District – All snow must be removed from sidewalks within 5 hours after the cessation of a storm unless the storm or fall of snow shall have taken place during the night, in which case the sidewalk shall be cleaned before 8:30 am the following day.

Residential – All snow within the residential areas of the Municipality shall be cleaned within 24 hours after the cessation of the storm.

Emergency Snow Routes – The routes are clearly marked along each road.  Make sure your vehicles are off these streets if the forecast calls for a 2-inch or greater snowfall.  If your vehicle is parked on a snow route it will be towed at the owner’s expense.

The Elm Creek Community Wide Garage Sales are held the 3rd Saturday of the month of June.  To check the dates, you can visit the Event Calendar on our website for more information.

How to pay your bill: You can pay with a credit card Online by clicking on $Pay my Bill or at the Village Office.  Please note there is a 3% convenience fee charged by the vendor.  We DO offer automatic withdrawal from your bank account.  Simply fill out the ACH Authorization Form found in the forms section and return it to the Village Office.  Payments are automatically deducted on the 20th of the month.  Other acceptable forms of payment: are cash, check, or money orders.    Check with your bank as most banks offer FREE billpay for those who would like to schedule a recurring bill payment from their checking account.  Your bank should be able to assist you with this option.

The utility bills shall be due and payable monthly in advance.  Payments are due by the 10th of the month and shall be payable by the 20th of each billing month.  Bills paid after the 20th day shall have a $25.00 penalty charge added to their bill.  Bills not paid by the thirtieth day of each billing month shall be deemed to be delinquent.  Upon being deemed to be delinquent, the Municipal Clerk shall give written notice to the customer of such delinquency and shall demand payment immediately.  In the event that the bill is not paid within seven days of sending the notice, it shall be discretionary with the Superintendent to cut off service at any time.  In the event that the water is shut off for nonpayment of any water bill, there will be a $75 reconnect fee applied to the account.  Services will not be turned back on until the balance is paid in full.

We are located at 535 W Boyd Avenue

The office is open Monday – Thursday 7:00 am – 4:30 pm & Friday 7:00 am – 11:00 pm

For your convenience, there is an after-hours dropbox located outside the Village Office.  You may also contact the village office at (308) 856-4624 or (308) 856-1005 during regular business hours.

Village Board Meetings are open to the public and the public is encouraged to attend.  Meetings are on the 3rd Thursday of every month at 7:00 pm at the Village Hall at 535 W Boyd Avenue.

Central Platte NRD Hazard Mitigation Plan Update:

Project Website:

Central Platte Buffalo County Appendix:

To view the Central Platte NRD website,

Village of Elm Creek FAQs


Where is the Village Hall located?

Village Hall is located at 535 W Boyd Ave, Elm Creek, NE 68836

What are the hours for the Village Hall?

The Village Hall is open Monday thru Thursday from 7am – 4:30 pm and Friday from 7 am – 11 am.

How do I apply for a job with the Village?

You can CLICK HERE to download an Employment Application or you can go to the Home Page and click on Forms & Applications at the bottom of the page and download the Employment Application. Once you have filled out the application, you can mail it to the Village Office at PO Box 130, Elm Creek, NE 68836 or email it to or drop it off at our Drop Box outside the Village Office.

When is the next Village Board meeting?

Village Board meetings are held at 7:00 pm on the 3rd Thursday of every month. Meetings take place at Elm Creek Village Center, 535 W Boyd Ave, Elm Creek, NE 68836. Please also view our event calendar for any changes in meeting dates.

How do I get an item on the board agenda?

Please make your request in writing and return it to the Village office at 535 W Boyd Ave. CLICK HERE to print out the necessary form to fill out.

How do I find out what items will be at the next Village Board meeting?

At least 48 hours prior to the meeting date and time, agendas are posted inside the Village Hall.

When is the next Board of Trustees and/or Chairperson election?

Elections are every two years in November. The Chairperson and Board of Trustees serve a four-year term. Contact the County Clerk for more information.

How do I request to look at public records?

Please make your request in writing and return it to the Village office at 535 W Boyd Ave. An appointment will be made for you to view the records.

How do I apply for a handicap parking permit?

Please click on the link Handicap Permit Application to print out your application.Take your application and a copy of your valid driver’s license to your local DMV office, or send the application to: Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles, Driver and Vehicle Records Division, Attn: Handicapped Parking Permits, P.O. Box 94789, Lincoln, NE 68509.

How do I apply for handicap license plates?

You can apply for a disability license plate by mail. Complete the Handicap License Plate Application, which must include signed medical certification. Submit your application to the address on the form. Wait for your approval letter, which you will receive by mail. Take your approval letter and payment for your vehicle registration fees to your Nebraska County Treasurer’s Office to get your license plate.

I want to sell an item or service door-to-door. What do I need to do?

Stop in at the village office at 535 W Boyd Ave to fill out a Peddlers and Hawkers Permit. Information will be required from all sellers, including the date/dates needed for the permit. It is a $10.00/day permit fee.

How do I get a permit to sell liquor at an event?

You will need to contact the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission to apply for a Special Designated Liquor Permit. Application MUST include approval from the local governing body (city, village, or county clerk of where the event is to be held). EFFECTIVE MAY 1, 2015, SDL applications will no longer be accepted without the local approval attached to the application. If the event is to be held in Elm Creek, please contact the village office at (308) 856-4624 to request to be on the board agenda for the event you are applying for.

Parks and Recreation

How do I reserve and/or rent a park area or shelter?

The Village of Elm Creek’s park areas and shelters are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are not able to be rented/reserved.

Where can I purchase a pass to the pool?

Pool passes are available at the Elm Creek Public Pool located at 610 N McComb, Elm Creek, NE  68836.  Phone 308-856-4945.

Who is eligible for my family pool pass?

Immediate family members whose permanent address is at the same residence as the applicant are eligible to use the family pass.

Do the tennis/basketball courts have lights?

Yes, lights are available for users by turning on the timer.

Who do I contact if I see something in need of repair at the park?

Please contact the Village Offices at 308-856-1005 or 308-856-4624.


What do all of the sirens mean?
ONE SHORT WHISTLE: Fire Dept Meeting (1st Thursday of the month)
TWO WHISTLES: Water shut off on south side of town for water repairs
THREE WHISTLES: Water shut off on north side of town for water repairs
SIX WHISTLES: Fire or EMS call
THREE MINUTES of SOLID SIREN WHISTLE: Tornado warning, take shelter immediately
CIVIL DEFENSE TEST: 1st Thursday each month for a solid minute (About 5:30)

How can I join the Volunteer Fire Department?

Contact the fire chief at (785) 821-4275 for details.   Click Here to download an application to be dropped off at the Fire Department.

Who do I call if I need ambulance services?

Please call 9-1-1

When is the annual Fire Department pancake feed fundraiser?

The pancake feed is usually held the last weekend of January.  Please refer to the Event Calendar for the exact date.

How do I get a burn permit?

You will need to contact the Fire Department to obtain a burn permit. Tyler Hillmer,  Fire Chief @ (785) 821-4275.  If you cannot reach the Fire Chief you may call Jesse Leeling, Asst. Fire Chief @ (308) 760-0549 or Ron Knapp, Rescue Chief @ (308) 293-5967.


How do I purchase a lot in the Village of Elm Creek Cemetery?

You can call the Village Office at (308) 856-4624 or (308) 856-1005.

Is there a directory I can look at?

There is a self-help directory located on the south side of the cemetery under the small shelter.

When can flowers be left on graves?

Flowers can be left in permanent containers all year long and may be left on graves throughout the winter season.  During Memorial Weekend, all flowers and decorations may be placed the Friday prior to Memorial Day and will need to be removed prior to the following Monday of the next week.

Click Here for Elm Creek Cemetery Rules & Regulations

Public Works

How do I report a street light that is out?

Please call NPPD at 877-275-6773.

How do I report a pothole?

Please call the Village Office at 308-856-4624 or 308-856-1005.

What is the number that I am supposed to call before I dig?

The telephone number for Diggers Hotline of Nebraska is 8-1-1.  The call and services are free and can save you liability for damaged utilities you may incur if you don’t call.

When is the grass clippings pile and tree pile open and where are they located?

The Grass Clippings Pile and Tree Pile is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  They are located on the southwest side of town on Buffalo Trail and are for the use of Elm Creek Residents that resided inside the Corporate Limits.

Who do I contact about getting streets blocked off?

Contact our Village Administrator at 308-856-1005.

Is there a place I can drop off my recycling?

The recycling trailers and dumpsters are located on west Boyd Avenue just north of the Village Offices.  There is a paper recycling trailer, a cardboard recycling trailer, and a large blue recycling dumpster for aluminum, plastic, and tin cans.  For a complete list of acceptable items for recycling, CLICK HERE.

How do I set up service and get utilities in my name?

You may call the Village Office at 308-856-4624 or stop by the Village Office at 535 W Boyd Avenue.

When is my bill due?

Bills are due by the 10th of the month and considered delinquent after the 20th of the month.  Effective April 2018, If payment is not received by the 20th, a $25.00 Utility Late Fee will be applied to your account.

Where do I put my trash can on my collection day?

Your can must be placed as close to the alley as possible.  If you do not have alley access, then your can goes out by the front curb but not in the street.

My garbage can wheels/lid handles are broken, what do I do?

Please contact Ravenna Sanitation at 308-388-2044.

What is my collection day?

ALL Residential trash will be picked up once a week on Wednesdays.  Commercial trash will be picked up once a week on Tuesdays.  Commercial customers can request a second weekly pickup on Fridays, for an additional 80% in cost.

What time do I need to have my garbage can out by?

Your garbage can needs to be out the night before to ensure your garbage is picked up.

Can I put yard waste in my garbage?

No, yard waste cannot be put in your garbage can.  Only household trash is accepted.

How do I rent a large garbage dumpster?

Please contact Ravenna Sanitation at (308) 388-2044 to arrange for dumpster rentals.

What if my collection day falls on a holiday?

In most cases, your garbage will be collected on the following business day.

Why wasn’t my garbage picked up?

Either your can was not out when the sanitation truck passed your area, the can was not close enough to the alley or curb, or the can had uncollectable items in it.

If the Village Declares Snow Emergency

Emergency Snow Routes are marked with signs and will be cleared of snow first. Please keep vehicles off of Emergency Routes if the forecast calls for two (2) inches or more of snow. Vehicles parked on snow routes may be towed. (CLICK HERE to see Emergency Snow Route map.) The snow removal plan for the Village of Elm Creek is designed to provide a plan for the safe and orderly movement of emergency equipment, vehicle traffic, and pedestrians during adverse weather conditions.  In order to facilitate snow removal, residents are reminded not to park vehicles on any street or ally within twelve (12) hours after a snowfall of three (3) or more inches. Please help us keep our community safe this winter!

Who do I call if I have questions regarding trash collection?

For questions regarding billing, email or call 308.856.4624.  For questions regarding the type and number of containers or dumpsters you need, contact Ravenna Sanitation at 308.388.2044.


Who do I contact for zoning questions or zoning permits?

Please contact our Village Administrator at 308-856-1005.